Have you ever watched Indiana Jones and imagined what it would be like to go treasure hunting yourself? If so, the Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector is a perfect option. This affordable, lightweight device packs quite a punch for the price and although it is aimed mainly at kids and beginners, you’ll be surprised how well it holds up. You might not be able to find any Mayan treasures, but you will definitely have the time of your life using it. This Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal detector review presents all the information you need to know before buying the product.
Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Features (Read Full Specs)
Bounty Hunter has managed to create an impressive little device which, although basic, offers quite a few features.
- Can be used to detect metals on various surfaces, from your back yard to the beach.
- If you want to filter results and find only valuables, you can turn on the trash elimination control This way, the detector will not beep when it finds small insignificant objects such as coins and cans and it will only notify you when it finds larger, more valuable items.
- All Metal Mode for detecting all types of metal
- Find large items up to 2 feet deep and small items up 6 inches’ deep
- Headphones included for searches in large crowds
- Works with 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Detects precious metals (silver, gold) and household metals (iron, steel, aluminum, brass)
- Target strength meter
- Automatic sensitivity control
- Weather resistant coil
- Battery life indicator
- 5-year warranty
Design & Accessories
Because the Bounty Hunter Gold Digger is aimed at beginners, the manufacturer worked a lot at the design and you can see that. The detector is quite lightweight (2.2 lbs) and it can be easily carried even by children. It also comes with headphones included, so that you can detect metals in crowded areas such the beach or park.
Ease of Use
The Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector is one of those gadgets that you can use straight out of the box, even if you’re new to metal detecting. Turning it on is very straight forward and, since it’s battery operated, you don’t need to charge it either. It literally makes searching for metals child’s play!
It’s also worth pointing out the handle is adjustable, so you can use it comfortably regardless of your height.
The detector has a battery life indicator that notifies you when the batteries need replacement.
Pros & Cons
The Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Metal Detector is a practical and efficient device that does more than similar products in its category. Overall, it does everything it promises and only has a few minor drawbacks.
- An educational tool that makes a great gift for children
- Can be used for fun to discover old coins and antique items
- It’s very practical and can help you find lost items such as jewelry
- Easy to use
- A great overall item for the low price
- Intuitive interface
- The detection depth is not that great
- Using the All Metal detection mode requires a lot of time and patience, because the detector will pick up signals for all sorts of insignificant objects such as pennies, nails, metal boxes and cans.
- The batteries tend to drain quite quickly, so you always have to have a spare set with you and take them out after each use.
All in all, this is a great device for beginners and, for its low price, it’s not really a risk. If you like using it and find metal detectors to be promising, then you can always upgrade to a more professional device and keep this one for light usage.